About Me

My photo
Professional Makeup Artist www.riaredor01.multiply.com

Search This Blog

Monday, January 25, 2010

Review: Smashbox Wish for the Perfect Palette

For my birthday I gifted myself with this adorable palette from Smashbox. I saw this on ebay and I knew that I need to have it. You see I have been quite choosy and careful nowadays with regards to makeup purchase. I try to limit myself to buying only what I need and not be impulsive. I have to take a step back and try to assess if I will use it. I rarely put makeup on myself and based from experience I only tend to gravitate in to using tested products in my kit on clients. Basically clients prefer the occasional neutral tones for day and evening look.

BUT, when I saw the picture of this palette I knew that I have to buy this.


Let me give you the juicy details of this palette:
  • It has a total of 64 eyeshadows
  • 8 cream eyeliners
  • 6 brow tech powders
  • 1 brow wax
  • 2 highlight powders
  • 1 contour powder
  • 2 blush colors
  • 8 lipcolors/ lip gloss
  • 4 makeup brushes
Ok lets proceed to the REVIEW part!

This is the first time that I have tried Smashbox and frankly I do not have any expectations whatsoever. I just knew right off the bat that for the price that I paid that this is a SULIT palette na.

PROS:
  • Love the pigmentation of the eyeshadows..plus it makes my life easier because ALL the colors are right within my reach. I do not have to rummage through my kit to search for suitable colors...its just right there plain and simple
  • The browtech powders are of good quality also. It glides on efortlessly without the fall out. NICE!
  • The shade of the contour powder is perfect for people with yellow undertones which means US!
  • Love the lipgloss..beautiful color choices

CONS:
  • Not available anymore...try ebay though :)

Well that is just about it, I love the palette..I have been using this constantly and this a good palette for personal and professional use. Smashox did not scrimp with regards to the quality of this one and for USD$59 this is a steal...plus its SMASHBOX :D

No comments:

Post a Comment